The IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL), previously referred to as ICDL-EpiRob, is the premier gathering of professionals dedicated to the advancement of cognitive and developmental learning. As such, ICDL is a unique conference gathering researchers from computer science, robotics, psychology and developmental studies.
We invite submissions for the conference in 2021 to explore, extend, and consolidate the interdisciplinary boundaries of this exciting research field.
Due to the influence of COVID-19, IEEE ICDL 2021 may be held virtually.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- general principles of development and learning;
- development of skills in biological systems and robots;
- nature VS nurture, critical periods and developmental stages;
- architectures for cognitive development and life-long learning;
- emergence of body knowledge and affordance perception;
- models for prediction, planning and problem solving;
- models of human-human and human-robot interaction;
- emergence of verbal and non-verbal communication skills;
- epistemological foundations and philosophical issues;
- models of child development from experimental psychology.
|Conference Dates||August 23rd – 26th, 2021|
|Submission Deadline||February 15th, 2021|
|Author Notification||April 15th, 2021|
|Camera Ready Due||May 15th, 2021|
Tutorial or Workshops
|Tutorial or Workshops Dates||August 23rd, 2021|
|Submission Deadline||February 1st, 2021|
|Notification||April 15th, 2021|
|Submission Deadline||April 28th, 2021|
|Notification||May 20th, 2021|
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished papers of at most 6 pages in IEEE double column format. Submission will undergo peer-review impacting which papers that are selected for either oral presentation or poster presentation.
The authors of the best conference papers will be invited to extend their contributions for special issues of prestigious journals, such as IEEE Transaction on Cognitive and Developmental Systems and Advanced Robotics.